Movies You May Have Missed
Brought to you by Video Addicts Hot-Line
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
- GALAXY OF TERROR - Edward Albert, Erin Moran, Ray Walston - 1981
- Emergency space rescue mission turns into death ride for astronauts on this doomed rocket ship.
- GALAXY QUEST - Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver - 1999
- The alumni cast of a cult space TV show have to play their roles as the real thing when an alien race needs their help.
- GALLIPOLI - Mel Gibson, Mark Lee - 1981
- Two Australian horsemen with contrasting personalities sign up to fight in Turkey during World War I.
- GAMBLER, KENNY ROGERS ROGERS AS THE - Kenny Rogers, Bruce Boxleitner - 1980
- Popular country singer made his starring debut in this western tale based on the hit song.
- GAMBLER RETURNS: LUCK OF THE DRAW - Kenny Rogers, Reba McEntire - 1991
- Brady Hawkes is rescued from a corrupt Mexican official by a former madam who wants him to compete in a big card game.
- GAMES - Simone Signoret, James Caan - 1967
- An affluent couple's bizarre diversions lead to murder after a mysterious immigrant woman enters their lives.
- GANGSTER WARS - Michael Nouri, Markie Post, Joe Penny - 1981
- Compilation of miniseries The Gangster Chronicles, about three juvenile delinquents who later become crime bosses.
- GARGOYLES - Cornel Wilde, Jennifer Salt - 1972
- An unusual skeleton at a Mexican curio shop leads an anthropologist into a frightening encounter with monsters.
- GATE, THE - Stephen Dorff, Christa Denton, Louis Tripp - 1986
- Two suburban teenagers discover a large hole in the ground that leads to hell.
- GATHERING OF OLD MEN, A - Louis Gossett Jr., Richard Widmark - 1987
- Eighteen elderly black men each claim responsibility for the shotgun blast that killed a dangerous racist.
- GAUGUIN THE SAVAGE - David Carradine, Lynn Redgrave - 1980
- A peek at the demons that drove the great French painter played by Carradine.
- STAR TREK - 30 YEARS AND BEYOND - Gene Roddenberry, Ted Danson - 1996
- The life of Star Trek creator from decorated war veteran and L.A. police officer to struggling writer of early TV adventure series.
- GENESIS II - Mariette Hartley, Alex Cord - 1973
- An unearthed 20th-century space scientist becomes the object of rivalry between two opposing factions.
- GEORGE LUCAS IN LOVE - Martin Hynes, Lisa Jakub, Jason Peck - 1999
- film mines comic gold from sly conjecture: three days before graduation in 1967, USC film student George Lucas is still struggling with his unfinished script for an "agricultural space tragedy."
- GEORGY GIRL - Lynn Redgrave, Alan Bates, James Mason - 1966
- A wide-eyed gullible youngster caught up in '60s London relishes roommate Charlotte Rampling's fast set, so you know she's headed for a fall.
- GERONIMO - Joseph Runningfox, August Schellenberg - 1993
- The slaughter of his family at the hands of Mexican troops turns the future Apache war chief into a feared warrior.
- GHOST - Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore, Whoopi Goldberg - 1990
- A murder victim calls on a storefront psychic to help save his fiancee from the thugs who killed him.
- GHOST STORY - Fred Astaire, Patricia Neal, Douglas Fairbanks Jr - 1981
- Four friends assemble regularly to share tales of horror and one by one they die mysteriously because of a real ghost story from their past.
- GHOSTBUSTERS - Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd - 1984
- Free-lance ghost fighters meet big-time poltergeists when a demon tries to reach Earth through a Manhattan high-rise.
- GHOSTS... OF THE CIVIL DEAD - David Field, Mike Bishop, Dave Mason - 1988
- The inmates and guards of a maximum security wing are slowly and increasingly brutalised until they erupt in violence.
- GIDGET GETS MARRIED - Monie Ellis, Michael Burns, Don Ameche - 1972
- America's favorite beach bunny settles down as a suburban housewife, but wants more...
- GIMME SHELTER - Rolling Stones, Jefferson Airplane - 1970
- A documentary of the Rolling Sones' 1969 American tour, which ended in rioting and murder during a free concert.
- GINGER IN THE MORNING - Sissy Spacek, Monte Markham, Slim Pickens - 1973
- Spacek plays a hitchhiker picked up by a traveling salesman, who promptly falls in love with her.
- GIRL IN THE EMPTY GRAVE - Andy Griffith, James Cromwell - 1977
- A small-town chief of police starts a search for a young woman believed to be dead.
- GIRL NAMED SOONER, A - Lee Remick, Richard Crenna, Anne Francis, Cloris Leachman - 1975
- Heart-tugger about eight-year-old girl raised by mean-spirited farmwoman grandmother, becomes award of the state, and is taken in by a childless couple.
- GIRL SCHOOL SCREAMERS - Sharon Christopher, Mari Butler, Peter Cosimano - 1986
- How nice of deceased Tyler Wells to leave his vast art collection to the Trinity Academy for Girls. But why are seven sexy students now giving their lives for art? The finishing school that really finishes them off!
- GIRL, THE GOLD WATCH AND EVERYTHING - Robert Hays, Pam Dawber, Ed Nelson, Jill Ireland - 1980
- Based on a fantasy by John D. MacDonald, Hays inherits his father's magic gold watch that can stop time.
- GIRLS NEXT DOOR - Alyssa Allure, Fiero, Cameron
- Now these are the kind of neighbors every hot-blooded man desires: A trio of sexy nymphos ready and willing to drop to their knees...
- GIRLS TOWN - Lili Taylor, Idina Harris, Anna Grace - 1996
- Lili Taylor heads an impressive ensemble cast in this gritty coming of age tale of four tough inner-city high school friends and the unexpected forces that threaten to tear them apart.
- GLADIATOR - Ken Whal, Nancy Allen, Robert Culp - 1986
- A road-avenger wields his tricked-out truck to avenge the death of his brother as he is chased by the police.
- GLEN OR GLENDA - Bela Lugosi, Delores Fuller, Daniel Davis, Lyle Talbot - 1953
- Camp classic story of a man who wants to wear his fiance's clothes. Directed by Ed Wood, Jr.
- GLORIA ESTEFAN & MIAMI SOUND MACHINE - EVOLUTION TOUR - Gloria Estefan - 1996
- GLORIA ESTEFAN & MIAMI SOUND MACHINE - HOMECOMING CONCERT - Gloria Estefan - 1989
- GLORY DAYS - Robert Conrad, Jennifer O'Neill - 1988
- A businessman attempts to fulfill his dream of quarterbacking a college football team despite his family's objections.
- GO. JOHNNY, GO! - Alan Freed, Jimmy Clanton, Chuck Berry, Ritchie Valens - 1958
- Deejay turns orphan into pop singer matinee idol. A necessary staple of '50s nostalgia buffs.
- GODDESS OF LOVE - Vanna White, David Naughton - 1988
- Venus, the legendary goddess, must earn a modern man's love or face eternal banishment from Mount Olympus.
- GODS MUST BE CRAZY, THE - Marius Weyers, Sandra Prinsloo - 1981
- A bottle dropped from an airplane wreaks havok with a tribe of bushmen who believe it to be a utensil of the gods.
- GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS - Raymond Burr, Takashi Shimura - 1956
- A fire-breathing behemoth terrorizes Japan after an atomic bomb awakens it from its centuries-old sleep.
- GODZILLA VS. MOTHRA - Akira Takarada, Yuriko Hoshi - 1964
- Mothra defends her offspring when Godzilla invades their Pacific island nursery.
- GODZILLA VS. THE SEA MONSTER - Akira Takarada, Toru Watanabe - 1966
- Godzilla and Mothra put aside their differences to battle a giant custacean that can regenerate its broken limbs.
- GODZILLA'S REVENGE - Kenji Sahara, Tomonori Yazaki - 1969
- A young boy dreams of sharing adventures with Godzilla and his son on Monster Island.
- GOIN' COCONUTS - Donny Osmond, Marie Osmond, Ted Cassidy - 1978
- While on a trip to Hawaii, Marie becomes the proud owner of a necklace, not knowing that it is wanted by a group of bad guys.
- GOIN' SOUTH - Jack Nicholson, Mary Steenburgen - 1978
- A shiftless horse thief is granted a reprieve from the gallows when he agrees to marry a lonely spinster.
- GOING APE! - Tony Danza, Danny DeVito - 1981
- A conditional $5 million inheritance leaves a young man in charge of three mischievous orangutans.
- GOLD OF THE AMAZON WOMEN - Anita Ekberg, Bo Svenson - 1979
- While searching for treasure in the Jungles of South America, two adventurers stumble onto a primitive society of women.
- GONE IN 60 SECONDS - H. B. Halicki, Marion Busia - 1974
- An insurance adjuster/car thief is betrayed by his boss and finds himself on the lam with a hot car.
- GONE IN 60 SECONDS - Nicolas Cage, Angelina Jolie - 2000
- Remake of the 1974 drive-in hit about a reformed car thief who-to save his kid brother-agrees to marshal a mass theft in 48 hours' time, while cop Lindo is hot on his trail. Panavision.
- GOOD EARTH, THE - Paul Muni, Luise Rainer, Keye Luke - 1937
- Chinese farming family is devastated by greed in this faithful adaptation of Pearl S. Buck's classic novel.
- GOONIES, THE - Sean Astin, Josh Brolin - 1985
- A group of adolescent misfits undertakes a harrowing mission to recover the booty of a notorious 17th-century pirate.
- GOTHIC - Timothy Spall, Natasha Richardson, Julian Sands, Gabriel Byrne - 1987
- Bringing together historic fact, fiction and modern horror, this film spins a tale of fear, fantasy and ecstacy into unpredictable corners of imagination.
- GRAND ILLUSION - Jean Gabin, Pierre Fresnay, Erich von Stroheim - 1937
- Poignant examination of the horrors of WWI and the honor that bound the officers of both sides.
- GRAND SLAM - Edward G. Robinson, Janet Leigh, Klaus Kinski - 1968
- Entertaining diamond-heist caper throws together a college professor and a gangster who attempt to pull off the perfect crime.
- GRAY LADY DOWN - David Carradine, Charlton Heston - 1978
- A run-in with a wayward freighter leaves a manned nuclear submarine crippled and precariously perched on a sea shelf.
- GREASE - Olivia Newton-John, John Travolta - 1978
- A 1950s high-school tough tries to win back the Australian exchange student he romanced during summer vacation.
- GREAT HOUDINIS, THE - Paul Michael Glaser, Sally Struthers - 1976
- Master escape artist and magician Harry Houdini promises he will someday defy death by speaking from the world beyond.
- GREAT MCGINTY, THE - Brian Donlevy, Muriel Angelus - 1940
- A dim-witted drifter finds his values changing after he is manipulated into becoming a successful public official.
- GREEN HORNET - Bruce Lee, Van Williams, Wende Wagner, Lloyd Gough, Walter Brooke - 1967
- Compilation film: When the syndicate decides to eliminate the Hornet's interference with their dirty deeds, Kato must battle ninjas and aliens.
- GREEN MILE, THE - Tom Hanks, Bonnie Hunt - 1999
- Drama about the lives of guards on death row leading up to the execution of a wrongly accused man.
- GREYSTOKE: THE LEGEND OF TARZAN - Christopher Lambert, Andie MacDowell - 1984
- An orphaned infant is raised to manhood by African apes in this adaptation of the Edgar Rice Burroughs jungle classic.
- GROUNDSTAR CONSPIRACY, THE - Christine Belford, Michael Sarrazin, George Peppard - 1972
- A secret government space installation explodes leaving one survivor who remembers nothing. A security official must get the truth about the incident.
- GROWN-UPS - Charles Grodin, Marilu Henner, Jean Stapleton - 1985
- Teleplay about a writer and his family capturing the way people at cross-purposes argue, talking more than listening.
- GRUMPY OLD MEN - Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau - 1993
- The arrival of a spritely widow sparks fresh fire into the long-standing feud between a pair of crotchety neighbors.
- GUMBALL RALLY, THE - Michael Sarrazin, Tim McIntire - 1976
- A New York-to-Los Angeles car race brings all sorts of zany characters onto the nation's highways and back roads.
- GUMMO - 1997
- Directorial debut for Korine (the 23-year-old scriptwriter of KIDS) about a circle of pathetic poor white trash in a small Ohio town.
- GUNFIGHTERS OF ABILENE - Buster Crabbe, Barton MacLane - 1960
- A cowboy sets out to settle the score with the evil landowner who framed and lynched his innocent brother.
- GUNG HO - Michael Keaton, Gedde Watanabe - 1986
- American auto workers have a hard time accepting new work ethics when a Japanese car manufacturer takes over their plant.
- GUYS AND DOLLS - Marlon Brando, Jean Simmons - 1955
- Screen version of the Damon Runyon-inspired musical about a gambler who accepts a bet to woo a Salvation Army missionary.
- GYPSY WARRIORS, THE - James Whitmore Jr., Tom Selleck, Lina Raymond - 1978
- Pilot for WWII series that never took off. US Army captains team up with Euro-gypsies to carry out dangerous missions.
As a service to visitors to the
Video Addicts Hot-Line, with the help of other video addicts, like yourself,
I have made available a list of videos and TV shows that may (or may not) be
of interest to you. Some are weird, some not so weird. Some hard-to-find
and others easily seen on television programming during the late-night hours
and a few that can be viewed during primetime. The films listed here provide
the date, when available, a list of cast members, and a brief synopsis. The wide
variety of films represented demonstrate the wide variety of tastes of visitors
to the Video Addicts Hot-Line.
Note: This is not an indication as to whether I have a copy of any of the films on this list. To
see my list, Click Here.
Page Design by Dave (firstname.lastname@example.org)