Movies You May Have Missed
Brought to you by Video Addicts Hot-Line
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
- LA BAMBA - Lou Diamond Phillips, Esai Morales - 1987
- A fact-based account of the Ritchie Valens' (1941-59) rise to musical stardom before his death in a plane crash.
- LABYRINTH - Jennifer Connelly, David Bowie, Kenny Baker - 1986
- While babysitting a baby stepbrother is seized by Jareth, the singing goblin king. With the help of a troll, his sister tries to save him.
- LADY FRANKENSTEIN - Joseph Cotton, Sarah Bay, Mickey Hargity - 1971
- The good doctor creates an ugly monster while Frankenstein's daughter makes hancho monster to her sexual appetites
- LADY FROM SHANGHAI, THE - Orson Welles, Rita Hayworth - 1948
- An Irish seaman sails to San Francisco with a beautiful woman who is plotting murder.
- LADY MOBSTER - Susan Lucci, Michael Nader - 1988
- A female lawyer becomes the voice of the mob to repay the man who shaped her life.
- LADY NINJA: Reflections of Darkness - 2000
- A hedonist who despises the sanctimonious hypocrite sends his own supernaturally powered thugs to capture women, and they battle in an erotic series of superhero skirmishes that mix martial arts and magic spells, where the sexy ninja warriors repeatedly sacrifice their clothes for the greater glory of duty.
- LADYKILLER - Mimi Rogers, John Shea, Alice Krige - 1992
- Evidence photographer falls for a man she meets through a dating service but he may be linked to the case she is investigating.
- LADYKILLERS - Marilu Henner, Susan Blakely - 1988
- A policewoman's personal and professional lives collide when she takes on a case involving the murders of male strippers.
- LAKER GIRLS - Tina Yothers, Paris Vaughan, Shari Shattuck, Erin Gray, Alexandra Paul - 1990
- LAND THAT TIME FORGOT, THE - Doug McClure, John McEnery, Susan Penhaligon - 1975
- A group of men discover a strange land that is immune to the passage of time.
- LANGOLIERS - Dean Stockwell, Patricia Wettig, Bronson Pinchot - 1995
- Stephen King's tale of 10 plane passengers who awake to find that everyone else on their Boston-bound jet has vanished. 4 hour miniseries
- LARRY NORMAN: FACE TO FACE - Larry Norman - 1986
- Pseudo-documentary of the sixties one-hit wonder who left the band People and became the founder of Contemporary Christian Music. w/performances.
- LAS PUTAS de NEW YORK - Victoria Vega & Natalia Ashe
- These girls embark on an X-rated journey where they discover all the sites and each other on their trip to New York.
- LAS VEGAS BLOODBATH - Ari Levin - 1989
- A young businessman cracks after he finds his wife with the doorman and goes on a bloody rampage.
- LASER MISSION - Brandon Lee, Ernest Borgnine, Debi Monahan - 1990
- Bruce Lee's son plays a renegade agent who must uncover a top-secret Soviet weapons operation, destroy it and rescue the kidnapped scientist.
- LAST BEST YEAR - Mary Tyler Moore, Bernadette Peters - 1990
- Terminally ill Peters develops friendship with psychologist Moore.
- LAST CHASE, THE - Lee Majors, Burgess Meredith - 1981
- A thrilling chase ensues when the establishment feels a race car driver is too outspoken to live.
- LAST ELECTRIC KNIGHT aka SIDEKICKS - Gil Gerard, Ernie Reyes Jr., Nancy Stafford - 1986
- An ordinary cop tutors a young boy who insists on helping him in his cases with his mastery of martial arts.
- LAST HARD MEN, THE - Charlton Heston, James Coburn - 1976
- A retired sheriff is hunted by an escaped killer out to avenge his wife's death.
- LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, THE - David Hess, Lucy Grantham, Sandra Cassel - 1972
- A sadistic trio tortures and murders two teenage girls, then they're hunted by one of the girls' fathers seeking revenge.
- LAST MARRIED COUPLE IN AMERICA, THE - George Segal, Natalie Wood - 1980
- A happily married couple's worries grow as they watch a seemingly endless parade of friends heading for divorce court.
- LAST OF MRS. LINCOLN - Robby Benson, Patrick Duffy - 1976
- After her husband's assassination, Mary Todd Lincoln has to deal with poverty and encroaching madness.
- LAST OUTPOST, THE - Ronald Reagan, Rhonda Fleming - 1951
- Two brothers, who love the same woman, are on opposing sides during the Civil War.
- LAST REMAKE OF BEAU GESTE, THE - Marty Feldman, Michael York - 1977
- Twin brothers become involved in the Foreign Legion while attempting to preserve their adopted family's honor.
- LAST RIDERS - Erik Estrada, William Smith - 1990
- Erik hides out from members of his own gang and the police.
- LAST SONG, THE - Lynda Carter, Ronnie Cox - 1980
- A would-be recording artist unknowingly has an incriminating tape recording, which the bad guys want and will stop at nothing to get.
- LAST STARFIGHTER, THE - Robert Preston, Catherine Mary Stewart, Lance Guest - 1984
- A teen-age videogame whiz is recruited as an interstellar fighter pilot by an emissary from a league of planets.
- LAST TO GO - Tyne Daly, Terry O'Quinn - 1991
- A wife deserted bt her husband for a younger woman goes for the jugular in this no-holds-barred drama that transcends cliches.
- LATE SHOW: Pierce Brosnan 5/95 - Pierce Brosnan, Elvis Costello, Jennifer Saunders, Little Richard, Chuck Berry - 1995
- May 1995 edition features Pierce Brosnan, Elvis Costello and the Attractions, Jennifer Saunders, Joanna Lumley, Little Richard and Chuck Berry.
- LATHE OF HEAVEN - Fred Barzyk, Kevin Conway, Bruce Davison - 1980
- A young man undertakes sleep therapy because his dreams have a habit of coming true. A thinking man's sci-fi.
- LAUGHING DEAD - Fern Finer, Patrick Gleason, Nancy Rhee, Jill Anthony - 1998
- A young junkie emerges half dead out of a toxic river and can't imagine the nightmarish reality he is in a diseased post-apocalyptic Los Angeles populated by cannibalistic mutants, heavily armed survivalists and a terror-stricken citizenry that dares not wander the streets at night.
- LAW AND ORDER - Darren McGavin, Keir Dullea, Robert Reed, Suzanne Pleshette, Teri Garr - 1976
- Three generations of New York City Irish-American cops show that policemen aren't immune to human frailties and weakness.
- LAWNMOWER MAN - Pierce Brosnan, Jeff Fahey - 1992
- An experiment in virtual reality transforms a simple-minded gardener into a technological terror.
- LE MANS - Steve McQueen, Siegfried Rauch, Elga Andersen - 1971
- A racer overcomes adversity to enter the famous 24-hour Grand Prix endurance race.
- LEFT BEHIND - Brad Johnson, Chelsea Noble, Kirk Cameron - 2000
- In an instant, dozens of passengers on an international airline flight simply disappear... and pilot Rayford Steele discovers, to his horror, that untold millions worldwide vanished at the same instant including his own wife and son! Steele bands with others who have been "left behind" to discover who or what is responsible for the disappearances.
- LEGACY, THE - Katherine Ross, Sam Elliott, Roger Daltrey - 1979
- Two Americans are among a group of people shanghaied to a British mansion where strange deaths and an occult ceremony awaits.
- LEGEND - Tom Cruise, Mia Sara - 1985
- In a land where beauty is preserved by innocence two young people become ensnared in the battle between good and evil.
- LEGEND (Series Premiere) - 1995
- A dime novelist takes on the identity of his fictitious literary hero, Nicodemus Legend. Pratt travels to Colorado to clear Legend's name.
- LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, THE - Roddy McDowall, Pamela Franklin - 1973
- Four psychic investigators are nearly driven mad when they take up residence in the mysterious Hell House.
- LEGEND OF THE CHUPACABRAS - 1997
- In 1997, three cryptozoology stutents ventured into Santa Maria, TX to make a documentary...A year later they finished it. The legend is true. So ferocious it eats witches for breakfast.
- LENA MY HUNDRED CHILDREN - Linda Lavin - 1987
- At the end of World War II Lena Kuchler arrives at a refugie camp in search of her dissapeared family members. Alternatively: Lena: My 100 Children
- LEOLO - Maxime Collin, Ginette Reno - 1992
- An imaginative Canadian boy in east Montreal discovers a disturbing secret about his young neighbor. (Foreign Language)
- LEPRECHAUN - Warwick Davis, Jennifer Aniston - 1992
- A malicious gnome uses his magical powers to terrorize the occupants of an old farmhouse.
- LES MISERABLES - Jean-Paul Belmondo, Michel Boujenah, Alessandra Martines, Salome - 1995
- Extraordinary recycling of Victor Hugo's sprawling novel into a 20th-century landscape, culminating in a story of WW2 France. Belmondo plays a simple man who takes on the qualities of Jean Valjean as he helps a Jewish family fleeing from the Nazis.
- LESBOS SLAUGHTER: THE PHONE-SEX STRANGLER - Misty Mundae, Liz Bathory
- Lesson of the Day: Never give away your true identity on phone-sex party lines, or the consequences could get messy.
- LESBOS SLAUGHTER 2 - Misty Mundae, Liz Bathory
- It's that time of year again, and the local Satanic Cult needs virgin blood for their yearly Devil-Fest.
- LET IT BE - the Beatles - 1970
- Beatles film the recording sessions for the album that was to mark the return to performing live, is the precursor to their breakup.
- LET'S GET HARRY - Robert Duvall, Mark Harmon - 1986
- A group of friends hires a mercenary to help rescue a kidnapped buddy from South American terrorists.
- LETHAL CHARM - Barbara Eden, Heather Locklear - 1991
- A devious reporter takes advantage of a crisis in order to move up the ranks at a prominent television network.
- LETTING GO - John Ritter, Sharon Gless - 1985
- In the aftermath of shattered personal lives, two people meet in a self-help group and find new happiness.
- LIARS' CLUB, THE - Wil Wheaton, Brian Krause - 1993
- The bonds of friendship are tested for seven high-school students when one commits murder and another turns traitor.
- LIEBERMAN IN LOVE - Danny Aiello, Christine Lahti, Nancy Travis - 1995
- Christine Lahti, Dr. Austin on "Chicago Hope", makes her directorial debut, casting Danny Aiello ("City Hall", "Hudson Hawk") as Lieberman and herself as Hooker.
- LIFE 101 - Corey Haim, Ami Dolenz - 1995
- Corey Haim and Amy Dolenz team up in this touching romantic comedy about first love, friendships, and fun.
- LIFE OF BRIAN - Graham Chapman, John Cleese - 1979
- During biblical times, a man is mistakenly proclaimed a messiah and finds himself leader of a new religious movement.
- LIFE OF PYTHON - Monty Python - 2000
- The BBC commemorates the 30th anniversary of the debut of Monty Python's Flying Circus with this treasure trove of new sketches performed by the Pythons.
- LIFEGUARD - Sam Elliott, Anne Archer - 1976
- A 32-year-old lifeguard decides to discard his carefree job and settle down after an old flame re-enters his life.
- LILLY TOMLIN - THE SEARCH FOR SIGNS OF INTELLIGENT LIFE IN THE UNIVERS -Lilly Tomlin - 1992
- Clever re-creation of Lily Tomlin's 1985 one-woman Broadway show.
- LIMIT UP - Nancy Allen, Dean Stockwell, Brad Hall, Danitra Vance, Ray Charles - 1989
- An aspiring Chicago stock trader makes a pact with the devil and gets more than she bargained for.
- LIONHEART - Jean-Claude Van Damme, Harrison Page - 1990
- An AWOL legionaire reluctantly participates in an underground fighting circuit to raise money for his brother's family.
- LIPSTICK - Margaux Hemingway, Chris Sarandon - 1976
- Gorgeous model is brutally raped, must ultimately take justice into her own hands.
- LISZTOMANIA - Roger Daltrey, Paul Nicholas, Ringo Starr - 1975
- So-called biography of Franz Liszt is, in truth, one of Ken Russell's most outlandish extravaganzas; director's devotees may enjoy this visual, aural (and sexual) assault.
- LITTLE CIGARS - Angel Tompkins, Billy Curtis, Joe De Santis, Todd Susman - 1973
- Former mob mistress leads a gang of dwarf criminals. The sawed-off crooks put on a medicine show with hilarious antics, while the other pint-sized car thiefs do their thing.
- LITTLE DARLINGS - Kristy McNichol, Tatum O'Neal - 1980
- Two teen-age girls at a summer camp compete to see who will be first to loose her virginity.
- LITTLE GIRL WHO LIVES DOWN THE LANE, THE - Jodie Foster, Martin Sheen, Scott Jacoby - 1976
- Chiller has Foster as mysterious girl inhabiting a house with a never-seen father and a basement she is reluctant to show nosy neighbor.
- LITTLE LADIES OF THE NIGHT - Linda Purl, David Soul, Lou Gossett, Clifton Davis - 1977
- A 15-year-old runaway turns to prostitution as a means of survival. An ex-pimp helps police in their attempt to rehabilitate the young woman.
- LITTLE MERMAID 2 - Pat Carroll, Jodi Benson - 2000
- A 15-year-old runaway turns to prostitution as a means of survival. An ex-pimp helps police in their attempt to rehabilitate the young woman.
- LITTLE WOMEN - Katharine Hepburn, Joan Bennett - 1933
- Classic version of the Louisa May Alcott novel about four sisters and their varied fortunes during Civil War era.
- LITTLE WOMEN - June Allyson, Peter Lawford, Elizabeth Taylor - 1949
- High-gloss version of the Louisa May Alcott classic of four impoverished teenage sisters struggling to grow up during hard times.
- LITTLE WOMEN - Meredith Baxter Birney, Susan Dey, Eve Plumb, William Shatner - 1978
- TV adaptation of Louisa May Alcott's novel about young girls coming of age in 19th-century New England.
- LITTLE WOMEN - Winona Ryder, Kirsten Dunst, Gabriel Byrne, Susan Sarandon - 1994
- Lovely, faithful rendering of Louisa May Alcott's classic tale of four sisters in Civil War America
- LIVE NUDE SHAKESPEARE - Mike Dennis, Lorissa McComas, Amy Ballard, Cari Minster - 1997
- If you thought that the only things missing from Spinal Tap were Shakespearean soliloquies and naked women, then Live Nude Shakespeare is for you!
- LOGAN'S RUN - Michael York, Jenny Agutter, Farrah Fawcett - 1976
- A man in a city where people are not allowed to live past 30 flees when he learns that his number is coming up.
- LONELY HEARTS - Wendy Hughes, Norman Kaye - 1982
- A flamboyant piano tuner and a prudish clerk attempt to blend their eccentricities into a healthy, middle-aged romance.
- LONG HAIR OF DEATH - Barbara Steele - 1964
- An atmospheric Italian-made ghost story. Directed by Antonio Margheriti.
- LONG, LONG TRAILER, THE - Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz - 1954
- The road to marital bliss gets off to a bumpy start for newlyweds who buy a cumbersome trailer for their honeymoon.
- LONGEST HUNDRED YARDS, THE - Doug McClure, Katharine Ross, Ricardo Montalban - 1967
- Father Sanchez leads a group of young children and two military personnel to evade the Japanese soldiers who want to take them as prisoners.
- LOOKER - Albert Finney, Susan Dey, James Coburn - 1981
- An investigation of several patient's deaths leads a doctor to an agency specializing in computer-generated commercials.
- LORDS OF FLATBUSH - Sylvester Stallone, Perry King - 1974
- High-school toughs face conflicts with girls and school while trying to maintain their images as kings of the streets.
- LOSIN' IT - Tom Cruise, Jackie Earle Haley - 1982
- Four teens hoping to lose their virginity in a Tijuana brothel pick up a woman heading south for a Mexican divorce.
- LOST BOYS, THE - Jason Patric, Corey Haim - 1987
- Liberal doses of humor enhance this tale of a California teen who falls in with a pack of adolescent vampires.
- LOUISIANA - Margot Kidder, Len Cariou, Victor Lanoux - 1984
- A ruthless southern belle returns after ten years in France to find her late daddy's antebellum plantation rundown.
- LOVE AT LARGE - Tom Berenger, Elizabeth Perkins - 1990
- Romantic entanglements abound for a private eye whose investigation of a philanderer is complicated by a novice gumshoe.
- LOVE BOAT - Florence Henderson, Gabe Kaplan, Don Adams, Cloris Leachman, Karen Valentine, Tom Bosley - 1976
- When the Sun Princess sets sail, love and laughter run rampant, leading to enjoyable fun, mingled with mirth and marriage.
- LOVE KILLS - Virginia Madsen, Lenny Von Dohlen - 1991
- A photographer's latest model tries to convince her he's an assassin hired by her criminologist-husband to kill her.
- LOVE MATTERS - Griffin Dunne, Annette O'Toole - 1993
- A career-obsessed husband and his withdrawn wife attempt to pull their ailing marriage out of the doldrums.
- LOVE ON THE RUN - Stephanie Zimbalist, Alec Baldwin - 1985
- An attorney falls for her client, helps him escape prison. The fugitives evade police dragnets, taking their love on the run.
- LOVE STORY - Ryan O'Neal, Ali MacGraw - 1970
- Based on Erich Segal's novel about a pair of deliriously happy college students whose marriage is struck by tragedy.
- LOVE THRILL MURDERS - Troy Donahue, Renay Granville, Francine Middleton - 1971
- Six states wanted them jailed. Eight torture victims wanted them dead. All the blood feaks wanted was one more night...of the most brutal orgy in history!
- LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER - Natalie Wood, Steve McQueen - 1963
- A one-night-stand between a musician and a sheltered young woman leads to her pregnancy and a rocky romance.
- LOVED ONE, THE - Robert Morse, Anjanette Comer, Jonathan Winters - 1965
- Comedic treatment of Evelyn Waugh's novel about the business of death and life in Southern California.
- LOVERBOY - Kate Jackson, Patrick Dempsey - 1989
- A pizza delivery boy who failed at college and romance picks up meaningful tips from bored Beverly Hills women.
- LOVERS AND LIARS - Goldie Hawn, Giancarlo Giannini, Laura Betti, Aurore Clement - 1980
- A man uses every lie he can think of to seduce Hawn. Many madcap adventures preclude the truth in this Italian film.
- LOVERS OF THE ARTIC CIRCLE - Najwa Nimri, Fele Martínez, Rosa Morales - 1998
- A story of circular lives, with circular names, and a circular place (Círculo polar) where the day never ends in the midnight sun. There are things that never end, and Love is one of them.
- LT. ROBIN CRUSOE, U.S.N. - Dick Van Dyke, Nancy Kwan, Akim Tamiroff - 1966
- Stranded Navy pilot Van Dyke comes to the aid of Pacific-isle women.
- LUMIERE & COMPANY - Bruno Ganz, Spike Lee, Liam Neeson, Aidan Quinn, Liv Ullmann - 1995
- In this film 40 directors from around the world take a shot at making a 52-second film with the first-ever movie camera. In between the films, the directors are interviewed.
- LUST FOR FREEDOM - Melanie Coll, Michelle Bauer, Deanna Booher, Crystal Breeze - 1987
- It's every good citizen's duty to take the law into HER own hands. Women in prison are tortured, raped and brutalized until a sexy, stong savior fights back and makes them all Lust For Freedom.
As a service to visitors to the
Video Addicts Hot-Line, with the help of other video addicts, like yourself,
I have made available a list of videos and TV shows that may (or may not) be
of interest to you. Some are weird, some not so weird. Some hard-to-find
and others easily seen on television programming during the late-night hours
and a few that can be viewed during primetime. The films listed here provide
the date, when available, a list of cast members, and a brief synopsis. The wide
variety of films represented demonstrate the wide variety of tastes of visitors
to the Video Addicts Hot-Line.
Note: This is not an indication as to whether I have a copy of any of the films on this list. To
see my list, Click Here.
Page Design by Dave (firstname.lastname@example.org)